Gender4STEM in action
October 21 @ 15 h 00 min - 17 h 00 min
On the 21st of October, our “Gender4STEM in Action” Closing Event will take place at Lycée Aline Mayrisch from 15:00 to 17:00.
This conference will give teachers, educators, and professionals the opportunity to discover and learn more about improving Gender Fairness in teaching STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in schools, thanks to different support and initiatives.
- Camilla Hurst, 3rd year student in a Master of Engineering at Oxford University will share her experience and background as a woman studying STEM during an interview.
- Valerie Maquil, Senior Researcher at the LIST will also be a guest speaker. With a PhD in Computer Science, she is very active in promoting science to the public and we are glad she accepted our invitation.
- Claire Lee, Associate Scientist and Special Advisor for International Engagements at Fermilab in Geneva will give tips for teachers to inspire girls in STEM during an inspiring Keynote.
- Sharing of experiences with teachers involved in the project.
- Presentation of the guide that gathers good practices implemented by the participants in their classrooms.
This conference is organised in partnership with the LIST and thanks to the support of the FNR (Fonds National de la Recherche, programme PSP), Digital Luxembourg – Service des médias, des communications et du numérique, the SCRIPT (Service de Coordination de la Recherche et de l’Innovation Pédagogiques et Technologiques) as well as the IFEN (Institut de Formation de l’Éducation Nationale).
If you are a teacher and interested in joining this event, we invite you to register using the IFEN (Institut de Formation de l’Éducation Nationale) platform. (This initiative can contribute to your mandatory training hours.)
You can also register via our Eventbrite event.
Please note that this is a Covid-Check event: vaccine passport, PCR/certified antigenic test -72h will be mandatory for access. You will be able to do a self-diagnostic test (not certified) on the spot if needed. Make sure to arrive in advance to apply the procedure (+/- 20 min. prior).